Music Monthly: August

August 25, 2017






If you know anything about me it will probably be that I love music and poetry, I wanted to use this love to create a series of my new favourite music each month. This is going to be instead of having a monthly favourites post, its just going to be a monthly update of music that I have discovered, notable new releases and everything in-between. Without further ado, here is August.

Neck Deep released their new album The Peace and The Panic and it's everything my little mo heart has ever wanted from them. I love supporting British bands and watching them rise, there is something that UK Pop Punk bands seem to have that US ones don’t and Neck Deep are such an example of this. Their lyrics in this album are so real and hard hitting. If you're debating listening to it then please please do. 
Faves from the album are: In Bloom,  Wish You Were Here, and 19 Seventy Sumthin’





Next up we have a queer duo called PWR BTTN who are absolutely fab, I found them through a YouTube series called Tiny Desk Concerts  which is a super chill set up where musicians perform to an office full of people and I tend to find a heap of music on there. This band is incredible, they have so much energy and angst in their music, I have defiantly found my new band.

Faves from them are: C U Around and Answer My Text




My friend Emily has shouted at me about Declan McKenna for months on end and I finally gave in and started listening to him this month. Damn that boy has a heap of talent, and knowing he grew up in the same county as me gives me a heap of pride to see him doing so well. He has massive things ahead of him.

Faves from him are:  Paracetamol, Listen to Your Friends and The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home




I’m not sure I even need to mention this one, everyone knows how much I adore dodie and so with her new EP release every car journey with me in charge of the aux chord has me blasting In The Middle and annoying my friends as I sing along obnoxiously. Can you believe my favourite song by her is about a threesome?? She really did that.
Other faves from the EP are: 6/10 and Secret For The Mad




With Confidence, my favourite Australian new-wave-pop-punk band, have also released two B Sides from the album that they released last year. Both are phenomenal, both are so different to everything else that is on the album. I cannot wait to see these guys live three more times this year as they always put on some of the best gigs I’ve attended!

Fave from the EP:  Here for Nothing




Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.